Lead Line Cook / Sous Chef Position
**Durham Store Only**
The Wine Feed is seeking a Lead Line Cook/ Jr. Sous Chef to work under Executive Chef with 30+ years experience in urban wine bar concept. The Wine Feed specializes in fine cheese and charcuterie, and menu concepts featuring flavors from around the world to be paired with great wine selections. While not a fork and knife restaurant, this is a great place for your creativity in the kitchen to shine as we are always innovating, and growing a robust private events business.
The ideal candidate is a strong multitasker, and able to move efficiently around the kitchen and bar in order to support efficient operation of service overall. Excellent communication skills, positive attitude and strong work ethic are essential.
- We are looking for someone who wants to grow and ultimately take charge of our daily wine bar food menu, and will assist with special events as needed
- Quick learner who is willing to take on various projects in the kitchen, and assist Executive Chef in all aspects of prep and service
- Ensures that high standards of sanitation, cleanliness and safety are maintained throughout all kitchen areas at all times
- Follows standard recipes and techniques for food preparation and presentation which assure consistency
- Develops standards that minimize food costs, exercise portion control of all items served and deliver menu pricing at established standards
- Interacts with the FOH staff to assure the food quality consistently exceeds the expectations of guests
- Adhere to all cleaning schedules and duties set up by the Executive Chef or General Manager
- Responsible for the set-up, cleanliness and organization of workstations for daily service before, during and after every shift (dish area, food service window).
- Ensure the highest quality preparation and presentation of food items.
- Ensure efficient delivery of food ready for service
- Support the operation overall of The Wine Feed team
- Complete specific cleaning responsibilities and station maintenance including, but not limited to floors, prep and dry storage areas.
- Dispose of trash and debris according to The Wine Feed’s procedures.
- Ensure all food and other items are stored properly
- Maintain a gracious, pleasant and friendly attitude while contributing to a team-based work environment
- Very good communication skills
- Ability to stand for 8 hours at a time
- Culinary school graduate OR nearing completion. Will consider equivalent, stable work experience
Compensation: Hourly Wage based on experience
At The Wine Feed, we wake up every day ready to share great wine. Our inviting and educational culture creates an incredible community of wine-lovers. Our focus is wine above all else, cutting through the noise created by wine marketers, enjoying what’s actually inside the bottle.
We’re breathing new life into the wine scene by opening up wine as a beverage to be enjoyed by everyone. By exploring our customers’ passions, experiences and most importantly tastes we’re able to select their next favorite bottle. We’re creating an inviting environment where consumers can learn not just about what they're drinking, but the story behind the juice and what makes each wine so special.